APPLE CINNAMON WALNUT /ALMOND LOAF
(Approx:Prep time: 10 min., cooking time: 60 to 80 min.)
1 glass loaf dish
2 apples peeled, diced or sliced
1 can Pillsbury original croissant
1/2 stick butter (cold to slice thin)
1 handful walnuts chopped (optional)
Three heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons white sugar (I use raw crystal for crunch & caramelize almonds on top)
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
Foil to cover
1.Spray loaf dish with cooking spray.
2.Add 3 thin slices of butter on bottom of dish.
3. Unroll croissants, pinching pieces together to line dish, setting aside 2 triangles for top.
4. put in apples, walnuts
5. Sprinkle with the brown sugar
6. Add 3 thin slices of butter on top
7. Cover with remaining 2 triangles of croissants, pinching sides with top (don’t worry about leaving gaps)
8. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top
9. Sprinkle with white sugar
10. 3 thin slices of butter on top. taking remaining butter slices cut in half and stuffing around sides between dish and dough (I use 2 on the long sides and 1 on each end)
11. Cover with foil making sure you can see bottom of dish for dough turning golden brown. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
12. Take foil cover off once sides are golden brown, place back in oven for up to 5 minutes, watching closely not to burn the sugar but only brown the top. Once brown take out to cool at least 10 minutes.
Always Smile, Never let them see your fear!
Don’t give anyone power over you, only you can take charge of your life.
Posted from WordPress for Android